Monday, February 1, 2010

29 Winters!!!

On 17th January, I completed my 29th year of existence on this "beautiful" planet.

29 YEARS have passed.....My God.... the very feeling itself gives goose bumps in my stomach!!!!

Almost 3 decades of existence!!! My birth and growth is synonymous with "new" India's "birth" and growth.

1st decade carried the legacy of licence-raj... an era of science & tech ushering into Indian mind... when companies like Wipro & Infy too have taken birth and were growing... tragedy too mired this decade as the assassination of two eminent national leaders, Indra Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi and the communal violence against the Sikhs after death of the former leader.

2nd decade brought into the much needed liberalization in Indian economy... it was freedom from the shackles of license-raj... now many things were bound to change... the biggest being birth of risk-takers, new generation of entrepreneurs... confidence in the market started increasing but not before the famous stock-exchange scam by Harshad Mehta came into fore...

3rd decade saw a revolution in the telecommunication sector in India... Mobile phones which were once privilege of wealthy became commonplace so much so that mobile phone connections have crossed the land line connections and 50% population uses one... :-) Three cheers to Mobile revolution...
Also the service sector has changed the face of middle class... people have become more privileged.... this is evident by mall-multiplex-brand culture making a mark on Indian consumers...


On personal front... I grew from a child to an adolescent to a "fully grown" adult... the journey not being a smooth one...

The fear and cheer and I-do-not-care attitude of childhood...

The confusion of adolescence when things were changing inside me... I did not know whom to ask what is happening.... ;-)

The so called maturity of the adulthood... when I got (delayed) admission into an engineering college... then a software job... and lost it soon... Now back to the same state where I was in the beginning of this decade but with a difference; I am not alone :-)




1 comment:

maverick said...

Very nice explanation of your 3 decade's existence !!