Friday, April 2, 2010

Reminiscence from Childhood-1

Childhood is like a beautiful dream (for most of us); before we realize we are awake to the harsh reality of life. They leave a nostalgic vacuum for rest of life. We yearn to live them live again but...

Walking down the memory lane, I could recollect few incidents, though vaguely, which for some unknown reasons still remain itched in memory.
  1. Ma told me the story, I am going to narrate, now. Well, I do not have the faintest of recollection of this incident. I was about 3 years old. One day I got hold of a Hindi magazine, I guess it was Sarita. There were few pictures of some eminent politicians in one of the pages I had turned. I asked my mother who they were. She told me their names; Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi. Papaji was also present when this conversation between mother and son was going on. I guess he was a silent spectator to all this. Then after few days Ma got the magazine. This time she asked me the name of the personalities she had earlier told me. Coincidently, Papaji was also present. To their utter surprise I could easily recollect the names. Papaji was very impressed so much so that he got me enrolled in the primary school of our village Chitra.
  2. This story dates back to when I was around 3 and 1/2 years old. I was already enrolled in the primary school in my village (Chitra, jharkhand). One day for some reason Rajaramji (our caretaker) did not come to pick me up after the school. One of the teachers then dropped me home on his bicycle. When we reached home my father was watering the plants. Once I got down from his bicycle my father asked me to say "thank you" to him but I was too shy to say that. I stood behind the pillar hiding myself and praying somehow Sir should leave so that I do not have to say "Thank You" to him. After waiting for 1-2 minutes he left. I was relieved.

No comments: