Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Fool's arrival on Fool's Day in the City of Wise

Today, this fool completes one year in the city of wise, Delhi!

Coming to Delhi was not a conscious decision in first place. After quiting from the job in Dec, 2008 I was pretty sure of what not to do; getting into software job again. But I was not very sure then (and so I am now) about what I wanted to do next. After spending around 4 months doing nothing, I decided to shift to Delhi.

I wanted to return to my core engineering, that is, EEE. The plan was to join a coaching institute, IES Made Easy Coaching which would refresh my engineering subjects I had virtually forgotten completely after three years of stressed and tension dominated life. I was relieved!

Finally the journey commenced from B'lore on 30th March, 2009. It was a little nostalgic moment leaving B'lore where I spend 3 years but then the choice was made. There was no looking back.

Around 10:30AM on 1st of April, 2009 Shubhum and I arrived by Karnataka Express to New Delhi. Luckily the journey was smooth and so was the shifting.

Looking back, last one year has been productive in more than one ways:
  • I gained my psychological equanimity I had lost in B'lore because of the software job. Every day, every moment I felt I was ill suited for it. But could not muster the strength to quit the job. Secretly, every day I prayed to God to liberate me somehow from this "peril" (and surprisingly, He responded and I am THANKFUL to Him).
  • I was happy to come back to my core engineering. A guilt feeling had crept inside me (that I had betrayed my core engineering), from the very moment I joined software field, evaporated.
  • I came to know that IITs get research projects which I can join as a recruit and besides, I can pursue part time MS or MTech. Wonderful information which I never had earlier!
  • Lastly but most importantly, I restored here the lost link with spirituality. Spirituality has become my LIFELINE or BACKBONE or FOUNDATION or BASIS so on and so on of my existence. (Details some other time)
All in all the rocket is on the expected trajectory (taking into account 5-10% of error in calculation :P).

Hopefully the destination will be reached in this LIFETIME!

Amen

2 comments:

Kartik JK said...

Hi Satyakam,

Luvs this post..

I'm yet another species like you, but the diff is my core is IT but I still hate IT job ;-) Just another brick in the wall is the feel I have..thou I'm jus 23 now..Wud definitely work for a break thro..your post inspired me :)

SATYAKAM said...

Hi Kartik,
Thanx Buddy for visiting and commenting on my blog!!

Be inspired till eternity!! :P