Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Future

Towards the end of April I started teaching as private tutor to 4 students, one each from 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade.

I left school after completing my 12th in the year 1999. All these years, after school, I was under the impression that lot of water has flown under the bridge in last 14 years, that problems faced by students now would be different for that of my time.

But in last one and half months I have realized that practically NOTHING has changed. The options might have increased, so is competition. The worst, I feel, is undue pressure on students- parental pressure, peer pressure, school pressure, coaching pressure. Added to all these is confusion of growing as teenager. I feel really, really  sad seeing them coping with all these and even more.

When it comes for their kids, parents always thinks the best, the best school, the best grades, the best college, the best job..... In the process they tend to become little insensitive.
How much is too much...  is the question I have!

No comments: